Stay ahead of the threat. Unify your defenses.
In terms of threat identification, intrusion detection systems (IDS) are one of those essential security capabilities. But if you're deploying intrusion detection software in a "silo", you're missing the complete picture. In order to address today’s rapidly changing threat landscape, you'll need more than just intrusion detection system software for your network and for your critical hosts. You need truly unified threat management, which combines intrusion detection with asset inventory, vulnerability assessment, behavioral monitoring, and SIEM or event correlation. After all, the questions you face on a daily basis are indeed daunting...
- Do you know when new systems connect to your network?
- Do you know which systems on your network are vulnerable?
- Do you know which part of your network is being targeted?
- Can you quickly spot network behavior anomalies?
- Can you correlate data from multiple systems to identify potential issues?
- Are you automatically notified of threats others have encountered before they impact your operations?
AlienVault USM can help you answer YES to each of these questions - delivering threat detection far beyond the limited perspective of stand-alone intrusion detection system software.
Global threat intelligence that’s localized for you.
By combining intrusion detection software with automated asset discovery and vulnerability data, AlienVault’s Unified Security Management™ platform (USM) delivers a complete view into the security of your environment.
AlienVault uses a variety of technologies to gather information on a variety of threat vectors, so that you instantly know the who, what, where, when and how of these attacks.
- Network Intrusion Detection (IDS) - analyzes the network traffic to detect signatures of known attacks and patterns that indicate malicious activity. Using field-proven intrusion detection system technologies, we identify attacks, malware, policy violations and port scans by performing signature, anomaly and protocol analysis.
- Wireless Intrusion Detection (WIDS) - monitors wireless traffic to identify rogue network access points, detect wireless clients, associated networks and encryption being used. Wireless intrusion detection software allows for the quick discovery of policy violations and other anomalous behavior that could signal a threat or exploit such as break-in attempts against your wireless networks and access points.
Host-based Intrusion Detection (HIDS) and File Integrity Monitoring (FIM) - host-based intrusion detection software analyzes system behavior and configuration status to identify suspicious activity and potential exposure. This includes the ability to identify:
- System compromise
- Modification of critical configuration files
- Common rootkits
- Rogue processes
- Policy violations
Request a Quote