Sure, we've had some interesting, educational and factual blogs about Red Teaming in the past, such as:
- Red Teamers Can Learn Secrets by Purple Teaming
- Red teams; a diary from the garden of Red versus Blue
- Be a Red Teamer to be a Better Blue Teamer: Pen Testing ala Jayson Street
Red teamers are a proud lot. They particularly pride themselves on being able to "get into" any objective, be it a building or a confidential file.
Penetration Testing is a key tool for most Red Teamers in InfoSec. Pen Testing involves using various tools and methods to show a company how a bad guy would access their information. Here are some educational blogs on Pen Testing:
- How Penetration Testers Use Google Hacking
- Penetration Testing vs. Vulnerability Scanning - What’s the Difference?
- Do I Need a Penetration Test?
But I decided to have a bit of fun with it too. I ran a Twitter poll and came up with this infographic based on my findings from the poll:
I'd like to do a similar poll and infographic for Blue Team, but the only animal I can think to propose in a poll is the faithful, beloved dog. They are protective, loyal and love their humans.