When you review the information in the Alarm Details, Event Details, or Vulnerability Details, you can easily launch an action to send a request to your connected Jira Cloud instance to create a new issue based on that item. If you want to apply an action to similar items that occur in the future, you can also create an orchestration rule directly from the applied action.
Note: Before launching a Jira response action, the AlienApp for Jira must be enabled and connected to your Jira Cloud instance. For more information, see Configuring the AlienApp for Jira .
To launch a Jira response action for an alarm, event, or vulnerability
- Go to Activity > Alarms, Activity > Events, or Environment > Vulnerabilities.
- Click the alarm, event, or vulnerability to open the details.
Click Select Action.
In the Select Action dialog box, select the Jira tile.
This displays the options for the selected response app.
- (Optional.) If you have more than one USM Anywhere Sensor configured for the AlienApp for Jira, use the Select Sensor option to set the sensor that you want to use for the rule.
Define the information included in the new Jira issue.
- Summary: By default, this field contains the name of the alarm, event, or vulnerability. This is the text that populates the summary (heading) for the new Jira issue. You can change the text in this field before you run the action, if needed.
- Description: Enter information in this field to populate description field for the Jira issue. Typically, this information describes what needs to be done to complete the open issue.
Set the Project Key for the project where you want to create the new issue.
The projects that are available for selection will depend on the projects that are permitted for the user account configured for the AlienApp for Jira.
Set the Issue Type for the new issue.
The issue types that are available for selection will depend on the types configured in your Jira instance for the selected project
After USM Anywhere initiates the action, this displays a confirmation dialog box.
If you want to create a rule to apply the action to similar items that occur in the future, click Create rule for similar alarms or Create rule for similar events and define the new rule. If not, click OK.