Deploying the GCP Sensor
After you review the requirements and make sure that your Google Cloud environment is configured as needed, you can deploy the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Sensor. Using the Deployment Manager template provided by AT&T Cybersecurity, you automatically deploy USM Anywhere as a service into your environment.
The following procedure describes how to launch the GCP sensor when provisioning the USM Anywhere service for the first time. In this process, you launch the USM Anywhere product from the GCP console using the Cloud Deployment Manager template.
To create a new sensor in the GCP console
- In the GCP console, ensure that you have selected the project in which you want to deploy your new USM Anywhere Sensor.
- Click the Type Registry by opening the Deployment Manager page under Tools in the left navigation pane.
- Click Add Composite Type and enter the following information:
- Name: A unique name for your composite type.
- Template: Link to the Template file from the zip provided.
- Schema: Link to the Schema file from the zip provided.
- Click Create, and then Deploy.
This takes you to the New Composite Type Deployment page, which guides you through the steps for deploying the USM Anywhere Sensor on the virtual machine (VM).
- On the New Composite Type Deployment page, enter the following information:
Be sure to use a unique GCP sensor name, or you may overwrite an existing sensor with this deployment.
- Deployment Name: A unique name for your deployment.
- Name: A unique name for your new sensor.
- Zone: The zone to which your new sensor will be deployed. See the Google Cloud documentation for a list of the valid zones.
- Network: The virtual private cloud (VPC) network to which you are deploying your new sensor.
- Public IP: Deselect this checkbox to deploy to a private IP. By default, this checkbox is selected and your sensor will be deployed to a public IP.
- IP Ranges: Specify to which range of IPs your firewall rules will apply.
- Service Account: Reference the service account for this sensor using the email address associated with that service account.
- SSH Key: A public RSA key for this sensor to use.
- When you have entered all of the required information for your new GCP sensor, click Deploy.
- After the deployment has finished, locate the Public IP address for the virtual machine by going to Overview and clicking the view option next to Layout.
- Click the IP address link to launch the USM Anywhere Sensor Setup page.
Note: Make note of this IP address so that you have it for configuring your data sources to send data to the GCP sensor.