VMware ESXi 5.1 or later
Important: If you are using VMware ESXi 5.1 through 6.0, the VMware vSphere Desktop Client is required for deployment of the USM Anywhere Sensor OVF. You cannot use the VMware vSphere Web Client interface for the Sensor deployment.
If you are using VMware ESX 6.5, you must have build 7388607 or later. Earlier builds have an issue with the OVF tools that will cause the Sensor OVF deployment to fail.
- Four cores and 12 GB of memory dedicated to the VMware
- 150 GB of disk space
- A static IP address of the network interface used for Management, Log Collection, and Network Scanning
- Internet connectivity to the network in which you will install the USM Anywhere Sensor
- Network topology information available to run asset discovery
- Port mirroring setup for network monitoring
- Administrative credentials for authenticated asset scans
- Administrative credentials for your devices (log forwarding)
- If you have a firewall, devices are configured to send UDP syslog
- (Optional) Access to a span port to monitor network traffic for IDS
USM Anywhere Deployment
1 Install Sensor
For further information, see Creating the VMware Virtual Machine
2 Connect Sensor to USM Anywhere
For further information, see VMware Sensor Connection to USM Anywhere.
3 Launch the Setup Wizard
For further information, see Network Setup and Configuration
4 Start using USM Anywhere