When you configure Juniper SRX to send log data to USM Anywhere, you can use the Juniper SRX plugin to translate the raw log data into normalized events for analysis.
|Device Type||Unified Threat Manager|
Integrating Juniper SRX
Before you configure the Juniper SRX integration, you must have the IP Address of the USM Anywhere Sensor. Follow the procedure for configuring Juniper SRX for syslog communication with USM Anywhere using either Juniper SRX CLI or Juniper SRX JWeb.
SRX Console CLI
To configure syslog through the SRX console
- Launch SRX and open the CLI Console.
Set the USM Anywhere Sensor as the syslog host:
set system syslog host <IP address of the USM Anywhere Sensor> any any
To configure syslog through SRX JWeb
- Log in to the Juniper SRX device.
- Click Configure > CLI Tools > Point and Click CLI.
- Expand System and click Syslog.
- In the Host section of the Syslog page (bottom-right), click Add New Entry.
- Enter the IP address of the USM Anywhere Sensor.
- Click Apply.
For plugin enablement information, see Manual Plugin Management.
Available Plugin Fields
The following plugin fields are important attributes extracted from the syslog message. The USM Anywhere reports use these fields, and you can also reference them when creating custom reports. In addition to reporting, the USM Anywhere correlation rules make use of these fields.
For troubleshooting, refer to the vendor documentation: