AlienVault USM Anywhere provides a centralized view of your configuration issues. Navigate to ENVIRONMENT > CONFIGURATION ISSUES.
The configuration issues page displays information on configuration issues. On the left you can find the search and filters options. Across the top, you can see any filters you have applied, and you have the option to create and select different views of the configuration issues. The main part of the page is the actual list of configuration issues. Each row describes an individual configuration issue and includes a check box on the left side of each one for selecting it. You can select all the configuration issues on the same page by clicking the check box in the first column of the header row.
If you want to analyze the data, you can maximize the screen and hide the filter panel. Click the Expanded Filter Panel icon () to hide the filter panel. Click the Collapsed Filter Panel icon () to expand the filter panel.
|Column Field Name||Description|
|Last Seen||Last date on which the configuration issue was seen in the asset. The displayed date depends on your computer's time zone|
|Category||Category of the configuration issue. Issues with similar impacts have the same category|
Sub-category of the configuration issue. The sub-category explains the particular detail of the issue
|Asset||Asset associated with the configuration issue|
|Severity||Severity of the issue. Values are Low, Medium, or High|
|Description||Text for identifying the configuration issue|
|First Seen||Date of detection of the configuration issue in the asset. The displayed date depends on your computer's time zone|
- Add to current filter. Use this option to add the asset name as a search filter. See Searching Events.
- Find in events. Use this option to execute a search of the asset name in the Events page. See Searching Events.
- Look up in OTXThe world’s first truly open threat intelligence community. Enables collaborative defense with open access, collaborative research, seamless integration with USM Anywhere and USM Appliance, and plugin capabilities for other security products.. This option searches the IP address of the asset in the Open Threat Exchange page. See Using OTX in USM Anywhere.
- Full Details. See Viewing Assets Details for more information.
- Configure Asset. See Editing the Assets for more information.
- Delete Asset. See Deleting the Assets for more information.
- Asset Scan. This option displays or not depending on the sensor associated with the asset. See Running Asset Scans for more information.
- Assign Credentials. See Managing Credentials in USM Anywhere for more information.
- Authenticated ScanAuthenticated scans are performed from inside the machine using a user account with appropriate privileges.. This option displays or not depending on the sensor associated with the asset. See Running Authenticated Asset Scans for more information.
- Configuration IssuesAn identified configuration of software deployed, or features of software in use, which is known to be insecure.. This option goes to the asset
sdetails page. The page will have the Configuration Issues tab selected. See Viewing Assets Details for more information.
- Vulnerabilities. This option goes to the asset
sdetails page. The page will have the Vulnerabilities tab selected. See Viewing Assets Details for more information.
- Alarms. This option goes to the asset
sdetails page. The page will have the Alarms tab selected. See Viewing Assets Details for more information.
- EventsAny traffic or data exchange detected by AlienVault products through a Sensor, or through external devices such as a firewall.. This option goes to the asset
sdetails page. The page will have the Events tab selected. See Viewing Assets Details for more information.
You can configure the view you want for the list of configuration issues, see Views for more information.
Click Generate Report to export
Click the star symbol to the left of an item to mark it as a bookmark for quick access. Clicking the Star icon () on the secondary menu shows the bookmarked items and a link to them.
You can also sort items by selecting 20, 50, or 100 below the result table.
USM Anywhere allows you to define and save a custom
To create a view configuration
From the Configuration Issues list view, select the filters you want to apply .
- Click the pull-down menu Save View > Save as.
- Type a name for the view and click Save.
To select a configured view
- From the
Configuration Issueslist view, click the View pull-down menu above the filters.
- Click Saved views and select the view you want to see.
- Click Apply.
Configuration Issues from the Assets Main Page
To explore configuration issues from assets
- Navigate to ENVIRONMENT > ASSETS.
- Filter the assets by clicking Has Configuration Issues. See Searching for Assets for more information.
Click the blue chevron icon () located next to the asset name and select Configuration Issues. The asset details page opens with the list of configuration issues.