USM Anywhere enables you to create and customize your own dashboards with the widgets and content you need. In this example, you will create a dashboard with a widget that displays events from a specific sensor.
USM Anywhere provides some widgets for events out of the box (for example, Events by Application, Events by Severity, or Events by Source, to name a few). However, there is no widget for events from a specific sensor. If you want to show events from a specific sensor on your dashboard, you can create a custom widget by using a saved event view.
To create a widget for events from a specific sensor, you first need to filter the events and save them in a view.
To save a view for events from a specific sensor
- Go to Activity > Events.
Locate the Sensor filter on the left and click the sensor you want to view the events.
The page reloads showing the events originated from this sensor.
- (Optional.) Add or adjust filters to limit the view further.
- When you are satisfied, select Save View > Save as.
Enter a name for this view and click Save.
You will use this name in the next procedure.
Edition: Creating custom dashboard is available in the Standard and Premium editions of USM Anywhere.
See https://www.alienvault.com/pricing for more information about the feature and data support provided by each of the USM Anywhere editions.
You can now use the saved view in a widget on a custom dashboard.
To create a custom dashboard
- Go to any dashboard.
- Click Create Custom Dashboard.
- Enter a title for your dashboard.
- Click the icon if you want other users to see this dashboard.
- Select the number of rows you want (between 1 and 5).
- Select the number of columns (between 1 and 4) and the row height (small, medium, large or extra large) for each row.
Your custom dashboard is created and displayed. The page appears empty because you have not selected any widget yet.
- Next to the widget that you want to configure, click the icon.
- From the Widget Type list, select Events to display more options.
In the Widget Data search box, enter events over time and click the Event over Time widget.
The Title field is automatically populated with the name of the widget. You can change the title if you want.
From the Saved View Filter (Optional) list, select the view you have saved in the previous procedure.
The page reloads displaying the widget you just configured.