AlienVault USM Anywhere provides out of the box pre-built compliance reporting templates based on alarmsAlarms provide notification of an event or sequence of events that require attention or investigation., vulnerabilities, and eventsAny traffic or data exchange detected by AlienVault products through a Sensor, or through external devices such as a firewall. collected in the system. These reports make it fast and simple to navigate the requirements and demonstrate compliance during an audit. You can easily customize, save, and export any report as needed.
You can find these templates on REPORTS > COMPLIANCE TEMPLATES.
USM Anywhere supports several Compliance Templates including
- PCI. PCI DSS is a set of security standards designed to ensure that all companies that accept, process, store, or transmit credit card information maintain a secure environment. These reports are identified and based on specific PCI DSS requirements to provide the auditor with the specific information requested. For example, PCI DSS requirement 10.7.a: Retain audit trail history for at least one year, with a minimum of three months immediately available for analysis.
- NIST CSF. The NIST Cybersecurity Framework (NIST CSF) provides a policy framework of computer security guidance for how private sector organizations can assess and improve their ability to prevent, detect, and respond to cyber attacks.
- HIPAA. The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act sets the standard for protecting sensitive patient data. Any company that deals with protected health information (PHI) must ensure that all the required physical, network, and process security measures are in place and followed. This includes covered entities (CE), anyone who provides treatment, payment and operations in healthcare, and business associates (BA), anyone with access to patient information and provides support in treatment, payment, or operations. Subcontractors, or business associates of business associates, must also be in compliance.
- ISO 27001. ISO/IEC 27001 provides guidance for implementing information security controls to achieve a consistent and reliable security program. The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) developed 27001 to provide requirements for an information security management system (ISMS).
Note: The PCI compliance templates are filtered by default based on the predefined PCI DSS Asset Group; however, you can select another Asset Group by customizing the template as described below.
Note: The HIPAA compliance templates are filtered by default based on the predefined HIPAA Asset Group; however, you can select another Asset Group by customizing the template as described below.
Each template listing includes these links
- View, which opens a specific page of your environment.
- Generate Report, which opens the Create Report popup window. You can define a name, a description, a date range, the output format, the number of records, and the additional view you want to include in your report.
To generate a report
- Navigate to REPORTS > COMPLIANCE TEMPLATES.
- Select a type of Compliance Template.
Click the Generate Report link on the report you want to run.
- The report name is populated, but you can modify it.
- (Optional) A description of the report is provided, but you can modify the text.
- If your report has been included in the AlarmsAlarms provide notification of an event or sequence of events that require attention or investigation. or Events Category, you can choose a date range. You can select a predefined range between Last Hour, Last 24 Hours, Last 7 Days, Last 30 Days, or Last 90 Days. You can also set your own date range by clicking the Calendar icon ().
- If your report has been included in the Vulnerabilities or Configuration IssuesAn identified configuration of software deployed, or features of software in use, which is known to be insecure. Category, you can use the boxes having a date to set your own date range.
- Choose the export format, CSV or HTML.
- Choose the number of records to export.
- If you have chosen the HTML format, you will see the Graphs section. Use this section to include additional views. There are some defaults views already selected, but you can select or remove the graphs you want to include in the report by clicking the right arrow icon () and the left arrow icon ().
- Select the Save Report checkbox if you want to generate a new report with your modifications.
- Click Generate Report.
- If you have chosen the CVS export format, your browser downloads the exported file automatically.
- If you have chosen the HTML export format, your browser opens a new tab containing the report. You can print it by clicking Print, or save it as PDF.
The Compliance Templates page displays.
The Create Report popup window displays.
If you choose CSV, your browser downloads the exported file automatically.
Note: AdBlock blocks the download of CSV reports. To avoid this, you need to add the URL of your USM Anywhere Control Node as an exception in AdBlock.
If you choose HTML, a new tab opens in your browser, displaying the report. You can print it by clicking Print or you can save it as PDF.
Note: If you have checked the Save Report checkbox, you can see the export reports