There are a number of items that you can modify for the account of another user. If users are unable to log inLog in (verb): Process in which an individual gains access to a computer system after providing sufficient credentials to authenticate their unique identity. Login (noun): User credentials, typically a username and matching password. because they forgot their password or no longer have an authenticationProcess used to verify the identity of a user, user device, or other entity, usually through a username and password. mobile device, you can perform a reset for their account.
To edit a user account
- Go to Settings > Users to open the page that displays the list of user accounts in your USM Anywhere environment.
- In the row for the user account, click the icon.
Make changes to the account parameters, as needed.
Note: Sometimes the can display in the Status column. This icon means the user account is locked for 30 minutes after too many login attempts. You can contact AlienVault Technical Support for additional assistance.
Note: If you click the of your own user, the Profile page displays. See Managing Your User Account Settings for more information.
- Change the email address for the account.
- Change the full name for the account.
- Change the role for the account. See Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) in USM Anywhere for more information
- Change the status for the account. If you need to temporarily disable a user account, you can set the status to Disabled. This is a best practice for revoking access and usually a better alternative to deleting a user account.
- Click Send Password Reset to reset the password for the user. When you do a password reset, the user receives an email with a link to set the password for the account.
- Click Reset Multi-Factor Authentication to reset the code used to pair a mobile device with the account. See Using Multi-Factor Authentication for more information