In AlienVault USM Appliance, if you wish to enable desktop notifications for alarms, you can do so by going to Configuration > Administration > Main. From here, click the Enable Desktop Notifications button.
Should you wish to disable the notifications at a later date, you will need to adjust your browser settings.
To disable notifications in Chrome
- Click Settings and select Show Advanced Settings....
- Under Privacy, click Content Settings.
- Scroll down to Notifications, click Manage exceptions.
- Select the hostname pattern for USM Appliance and Delete or set to Block.
- Click Done.
To disable notifications in Firefox
- Click the Open Menu icon and select Options.
- Select Content from the Left hand side.
- To the right of Notifications, select Choose.
- Highlight the USM Appliance hostname and click Remove Site.
- Once completed, click Save Changes.