|Applies to Product:||USM Appliance™||AlienVault OSSIM®|
This guide is designed to help system administrators successfully install and configure the AlienVault USM Appliance platform to deliver MSSP (Managed Security Service Provider) services to their clients. This handy reference provides a quick overview of the USM Appliance solution as well as detailed technical configuration and deployment details specific to MSSP environments.
IT Security Operators, Administrators and Analysts
Prerequisites for This Guide
This guide assumes that you are already familiar with the USM Appliance product and possess basic understanding of concepts like event workflow, policies and correlation. If you are unfamiliar with these concepts, AlienVault offers dedicated training courses (see below) for our MSSPs and customers. In addition, our Documentation Center contains documentation on a wide range of topics, including setup and configuration, policies and actions, reporting, asset management, and threat detection.
Prerequisites for a Successful USM Appliance Deployment
- Familiarity with the Linux operating system and a command line interface
- AlienVault Certified Security Engineer (ACSE) or similar experience from using the product
- AlienVault OSSIM® experience (optional)
AlienVault Managed Appliance Service and Training
Consider subscribing to AlienVault Appliance Monitoring Service to:
- Catch things before they go poorly
- Take administration load off of MSSP
Consider signing up for USM Appliance training, which is essential for success with USM Appliance and covers a lot of USM Appliance’s technical abilities in great detail.
- AlienVault USM Appliance for Security Engineers (AUSE)
- AlienVault USM Appliance: Security Analysis (AUSA)
- AlienVault USM Appliance: Providing Managed Security (AUSP)
In addition, AlienVault also offers these self-paced courses free of charge: