When you configure Dell SonicWALL to send log data to USM Appliance, you can use the Dell SonicWALL plugin to translate the raw log data into normalized events for analysis.
|Data Source Name||sonicwall|
|Data Source ID||7072|
Integrating Dell SonicWALL
Before you configure the Dell SonicWALL integration, you must have the IP Address of the USM Appliance Sensor.
To configure Dell SonicWALL to send log data to USM Appliance
- After logging into the SonicWALL console as the administrator, go to Firewall > Address Objects.
- Select Add New Address Object.
In the Add Address Object dialog, complete the following and click OK:
- Name — USM Appliance
- Zone Assignment — LAN
- Type — Host
- IP Address — IP address of the USM Appliance Sensor
- Go to LOG > Settings.
Under SYSLOG Servers, select ADD.
- Name or IP address should match the USM Appliance Sensor.
- Port should be 514.
- For Bind to VPN Tunnel and Create Network Monitor Policy in NDPP Mode, select the appropriate local and outbound interfaces.
- Click OK and Done.
For plugin enablement information, see Enable Plugins.
Note: SonicWall devices can have different time zone settings. Users need to have the same settings specified in the plugin if their device is not using local time. For more information, see Change Timezone for a Plugin.
For troubleshooting, refer to the vendor documentation: