|Applies to Product:||USM Appliance™||AlienVault OSSIM®|
You can create a custom profile and tailor it to the type of the target system you are scanning.
To create a custom profile for vulnerability scans
- Navigate to Environment > Vulnerabilities > Overview.
Click Profiles, and then click Create New Profile.
- Fill in the following details:
- Name — The name for your scan profile. You will use it later to select from drop-down menus during vulnerability scan setup.
- Description — The description of the scan profile.
- Clone existing scan policy — Allows you to select another existing profile to use as a template for the new profile.
- Make this profile available for — Designate who will have access to the profile. You can select a single user, allow all users to access it, or select an organizational entity to allow access to all users within that entity to access the profile.
- Autoenable plugins option — Select whether to group the plugins by category or family. Enabling plugins by category allows USM Appliance to use all plugins that belong to certain categories of vulnerabilities. Enabling plugins by family narrows the selection of plugins to match relevant operating systems.
- Enable or disable the plugins as needed with the Enable All or Disable All options. Currently, the Enable New, Disable New, and Intelligent options have no designated functionality in USM Appliance.
Click Create when you're finished creating the profile.
USM Appliance displays "Update Status" at the top of the page.
After it finishes creating the new profile, the vulnerabilities overview page displays.
- Click Profiles to see the created profile.