USM Central implements role-based access control (RBAC), which provides users with
- the ability to restrict certain users from accessing administrative capabilities like adding new users
- predefined roles that range from read-only access to full administrative capabilities so managers can easily select the appropriate role for a new user
There are three roles in USM Central
- Read-Only — You can access views and search the system, but cannot make system changes that impact other users.
- Analyst — You can view and search the system and perform all the same tasks as the Read-Only role, and also view alarms.
- Manager — This role enables Analyst permissions and also allows you to update deployments, add or configure credentials for users, and view alarms.
|Action||Read-Only User||Analyst User||Manager User|
|Alarms - Update|
|Deployments — Create|
|Deployments — Delete|
|Deployments — Read|
|Deployments — Update|
|Labels — Create|
|Labels — Read|
|Labels — Update/Delete||*|
|Orchestration Rules — Create|
|Orchestration Rules — Delete|
|Orchestration Rules — Read|
|Orchestration Rules — Update|
|System Events — Read|
|Users — Create|
|Users — Delete|
|Users — Read|
|Users — Update Metadata|
|Users — Update My Status|
|Users — Update My Security and Preferences||(User only)||(User only)||(All users)|
* Analysts with Select Deployment access will not have access to this function.