USM Central implements role-based access control (RBAC), which provides users with
- the ability to restrict certain users from accessing administrative capabilities like adding new users
- predefined roles that range from read-only access to full administrative capabilities so managers can easily select the appropriate role for a new user
There are three roles in USM Central
- Read-Only — You can access views and search the system, but cannot make system changes that impact other users.
- Analyst — You can view and search the system and perform all the same tasks as the Read-Only role, and also view alarms.
- Manager — This role enables Analyst permissions and also allows you to update deployments, add or configure credentials for users, and view alarms.
|Section||Action||Read-Only User||Analyst User||Manager User|
|System||Read System Events|
|Update My Status|
|Update My Security and Preferences||(Self only)||(Self only)||(All users)|
* Analysts with Select Deployment access will not have access to this function.