• Support
  • Forums
  • Blogs

Can I setup scan time on daily and weekly schedule scan?

mx237535mx237535

New Life Form
Dear all,
As title, I want to setup daily and weekly schedule scan, but I don't know what time the schedule job will startup.
So can I setup the scan time on schedule scan manually?

Thank you,
Steven
schedule_scan

Share post:

Best Answers

• Answer ✓
    mx237535,

There is no functionality for specifying time of scan in this section. There is an idea forwarded for adding this functionality, however, to  which I have added this post.

The current functionality defaults it to the time it was scheduled, but allows the timing to move to prevent the scan from being cancelled because another scan is overlapping.
    mx237535Laurie
  • Answer ✓
    mx237535,

Current time defaults to the tie it was scheduled, meaning the exact time at which the scheduled scan is entered into the database. This is, however, the time it is submitted to the queue to run. 

Asset scans limit the number of concurrent devices being checked, and are run sequentially, so the actual time run is the point at which the queue ahead of the scan clears, hence not setting a specific time. If we set a specific time, and a scan before it runs long (scan duration is dependent on number of assets, response time of network, and response time of assets), we would have the choice of running it later, or cancelling the scan.
    mx237535Laurie

Answers

• Hi Kcoe,
    Got it, but do you know the default daily and weekly scan time? 
    I want to confirm both scan time, thank you!

Best regards,
    Steven
  • Hi Kcoe,
    Thank you for your sharing!

Best regards,
    Steven
  • edited December 2017
    Current time defaults to the time it was scheduled, meaning the exact time at which the scheduled scan is entered into the database. This would be the time at which you saved the search. I you create the scan schedule and save it at 4:26PM on Thursday, the scan will be set to start, by default, at 4:26PM.

If the scan is deferred to a later time by another scan, it;s scheduled time will be updated to the point it is deferred to, and the next scheduled scan will start at that time. If it was scheduled for 4:26PM, but the scan before it does not complete until 4:57, the scan will start at 5:00PM, and the following scans will start at 5:00PM.

Long story short, there defalt time is when you click save, but it is subject to change for the appliance to prevent conflicts.
  • Hi Kcoe,
    I found a workaround:
    $ vim /etc/crontab & setup schedule

crontab job will run by schedule, and then we can see assets on OSSIM:

I think this workaround will meet my requirement, just sharing to you.

Best regards,
    Steven