• Support
  • Forums
  • Blogs

First! feature request

zparkerzparker

Little green alien
+9
The feature request that I have submitted are below. 

I'm unable to setup child server GUI access. Central tries to reach out to the public address of the remote appliance and it fails. AV Support said there is a ticket in for this.

Currently there is no way to alarm if a reporting server goes offline. 

I don't see a way to see version upgrades needed on child servers. So you cant update child servers or reboot them after a version upgrade.

Central is unable to forward alarm data or email whenever an alarm has occurred.  

Hopefully these features will become available in the near future.
BBanks

Share post:

Best Answer

• Answer ✓
    Hello @zparker,

"I'm unable to setup child server GUI access. Central tries to reach out to the public address of the remote appliance and it fails. AV Support said there is a ticket in for this."
    >>> You are correct; Development is currently working on this to make the installation of USM-Central more seamless. 

Currently there is no way to alarm if a reporting server goes offline. 
    >>> This too is currently an Idea Request; I filed it myself. The Idea is that your USM-Central ((and USM Anywhere)) will notify users if a Sensor goes down, or stops sending logs. 

I don't see a way to see version upgrades needed on child servers. So you cant update child servers or reboot them after a version upgrade.
    >>> USM-Central (at the current moment) does not perform any updating//rebooting; but it does allow you to quickly connect to your respective USM Sensor (Anywhere // Appliance), so that you can log in to the device and update it from the respective Ui of each Sensor. 
       I will take the liberty of filing an Idea for Central to be able to update USM devices from the Ui of USM-Central. 

Central is unable to forward alarm data or email whenever an alarm has occurred.  
    >>> Central is a single-pane view; meaning, it does not do any of the Correlation or Alarm/Event forwarding. Servers (Child and Federated) perform the heavy-lifting of forwarding Events and/or Alarms. Your Central would not send the e-mail, but the respective Server (Child or Fed) would be responsible for this. 

Regards,

- kratos

Answers

• Thank you for all of the responses @kratos

"Central is a single-pane view; meaning, it does not do any of the Correlation or Alarm/Event forwarding." 

Exactly, so what i'd lie is a option to say "email me all alarm details" from central.  I don't feel that events should be a requirement to send an email 'on a federated server with no child server events'. A simple button you check yes on to send you alarm details whenever Central receives an alarm.