• Support
  • Forums
  • Blogs

ASSET LOCATION broken

danie.dejagerdanie.dejager

New Life Form
I see that the Map used for ASSET LOCATION is now pointing to a Development branch and giving the following error:

Screenshot from 2018-09-03 15-17-47

Share post:

Answers

• danie.dejager,

We are using a standard API method for Google maps, which has not changed in several versions. Can you check to make sure a network change is blocking required ports for location services?

• I'm having the same problem, and I have confirmed that there is nothing blocking access from the OSSIM server.

A possible related note, at my office we have development environments that include testing Google Maps.  Google recently made a change to their Maps API, back in June 2018, which corresponded to some integrations either no longer working or showing up in a low-res mode.  We also received a few emails from Google indicating that something was still using and older API.  I have a feeling this is related to the Google Maps integration in OSSIM/USM no longer working.  Can't say for sure yet.

As much as Google's Maps platform has been useful, I think switching to something like the Open Street Maps API is probably a good idea at this point.