• Support
  • Forums
  • Blogs

Operation was not completed due to a database error

ufonautufonaut

Big Time
When I surf to the OSSIM front page, I get the error message "Operation was not completed due to a database error". Things worked fine on Friday.

"service mysql restart" simply results in the message "failed".

I'm running version 4.7.

This is what's in the AlienVault database log:
140519 10:02:04 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /var/lib/
mysql
140519 10:02:04 [Warning] Using unique option prefix key_buffer instead of key_b
uffer_size is deprecated and will be removed in a future release. Please use the
full name instead.
140519 10:02:04 [Warning] option 'join_buffer_size': unsigned value 0 adjusted t
o 128
140519 10:02:04 [ERROR] An old style --language value with language specific part detected: /usr/share/mysql/english/
140519 10:02:04 [ERROR] Use --lc-messages-dir without language specific part instead.
140519 10:02:04 [Warning] Using unique option prefix myisam-recover instead of myisam-recover-options is deprecated and will be removed in a future release. Please use the full name instead.
140519 10:02:04 [Note] Plugin 'FEDERATED' is disabled.
140519 10:02:04 InnoDB: The InnoDB memory heap is disabled
140519 10:02:04 InnoDB: Mutexes and rw_locks use GCC atomic builtins
140519 10:02:04 InnoDB: Compressed tables use zlib 1.2.3
140519 10:02:04 InnoDB: Using Linux native AIO
140519 10:02:04 InnoDB: Initializing buffer pool, size = 512.0M
140519 10:02:04 InnoDB: Completed initialization of buffer pool
InnoDB: Note: The innodb_doublewrite_file option has been specified.
InnoDB: This option is for experts only. Don't use it unless you understand WELL what it is.
InnoDB: ### Don't specify a file older than the last checkpoint. ###
InnoDB: Otherwise, the older doublewrite buffer will break your data during recovery!
140519 10:02:04 InnoDB: highest supported file format is Barracuda.
InnoDB: Log scan progressed past the checkpoint lsn 754449439706
140519 10:02:04 InnoDB: Database was not shut down normally!
InnoDB: Starting crash recovery.
InnoDB: Reading tablespace information from the .ibd files...
InnoDB: Restoring possible half-written data pages from the doublewrite
InnoDB: buffer...
InnoDB: doublewrite file '/var/lib/mysql/ib_doublewrite' is used.
InnoDB: Doing recovery: scanned up to log sequence number 754454349413
140519 10:02:05 InnoDB: Starting an apply batch of log records to the database...
InnoDB: Progress in percents: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6
140519 10:02:05 InnoDB: Assertion failure in thread 140711269463808 in file ibuf0ibuf.c line 4571
InnoDB: Failing assertion: trx_doublewrite_must_reset_space_ids
InnoDB: We intentionally generate a memory trap.
InnoDB: Submit a detailed bug report to http://bugs.mysql.com.
InnoDB: If you get repeated assertion failures or crashes, even
InnoDB: immediately after the mysqld startup, there may be
InnoDB: corruption in the InnoDB tablespace. Please refer to
InnoDB: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/forcing-innodb-recovery.html
InnoDB: about forcing recovery.
08:02:05 UTC - mysqld got signal 6 ;
This could be because you hit a bug. It is also possible that this binary
or one of the libraries it was linked against is corrupt, improperly built,
or misconfigured. This error can also be caused by malfunctioning hardware.
We will try our best to scrape up some info that will hopefully help
diagnose the problem, but since we have already crashed,
something is definitely wrong and this may fail.
Please help us make Percona Server better by reporting any
bugs at http://bugs.percona.com/

key_buffer_size=536870912
read_buffer_size=131072
max_used_connections=0
max_threads=122
thread_count=0
connection_count=0
It is possible that mysqld could use up to
key_buffer_size + (read_buffer_size + sort_buffer_size)*max_threads = 6787794 K bytes of memory
Hope that's ok; if not, decrease some variables in the equation.

Thread pointer: 0x0
Attempting backtrace. You can use the following information to find out
where mysqld died. If you see no messages after this, something went
terribly wrong...
stack_bottom = 0 thread_stack 0x80000
/usr/sbin/mysqld(my_print_stacktrace+0x35)[0x7d4be5]
/usr/sbin/mysqld(handle_fatal_signal+0x4b4)[0x6a38f4]
/lib/libpthread.so.0(+0xeff0)[0x7ffa3bf1eff0]
/lib/libc.so.6(gsignal+0x35)[0x7ffa3ab221b5]
/lib/libc.so.6(abort+0x180)[0x7ffa3ab24fc0]
/usr/sbin/mysqld[0x8e08bf]
/usr/sbin/mysqld[0x88681f]
/usr/sbin/mysqld[0x8bfe48]
/usr/sbin/mysqld[0x839e60]
/lib/libpthread.so.0(+0x68ca)[0x7ffa3bf168ca]
/lib/libc.so.6(clone+0x6d)[0x7ffa3abbfb6d]
You may download the Percona Server operations manual by visiting
http://www.percona.com/software/percona-server/. You may find information
in the manual which will help you identify the cause of the crash.
140519 10:02:05 mysqld_safe mysqld from pid file /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid ended

Any ideas for solutions?

Share post:

Answers

• Just got the same error here.
  • Same error,
  • I receive the same on one of the Servers

Operation was not completed due to a database error

and When I try to run Database repair I receive:

ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (111)

I tried to comment out the Bind-address and also to change it but nothing works.
  • Do you have enough space on your server?
    You can use:

#df

It will list your space based on percentages.
  • Do you have enough space on your server?
    You can use:

#df

It will list your space based on percentages.
    Yes I have, I know that most of the time that's the issue.

I tried also to telnet the localhost and was not able to connect so it was networking issue.
    I resolve it by disabling the firewall.
  • Did anyone ever get to the bottom of this?  Experiencing the same issue exactly. 

Occured after I fiddled with the debian install and recompiled the kernel to get the hyperv drivers in and changed adapters.  However did a full restore to an earlier checkpoint before I began, and still have the same issue.
  • Whenever I try to do anything, like run an asset scan, I get a database error. The server shows no problems with the DB though.
  • Whenever I try to do anything, like run an asset scan, I get a database error. The server shows no problems with the DB though.
  • A good day! I have a same problem after update to version OSSIM 5.2.1. To connect from browser I have error to connect "Operation was not completed due to a database error". In logs mysql "error connect to DB root@127.0.0.1". Another word is problem from updates? I just create new server with same configurations and update him and also I have the same result!!!!
  • A good day! I have a same problem after update to version OSSIM 5.2.1. To connect from browser I have error to connect "Operation was not completed due to a database error". In logs mysql "error connect to DB root@127.0.0.1". Another word is problem from updates? I just create new server with same configurations and update him and also I have the same result!!!!
  • i am fairly new to AlienVault so i am not sure what i did to get this message. i used the df command to get my space results and it seems my /dev/sda1 is out of space. i looked back at the logs to see what can be deleted, and removed the largest one in a "devices" folder. it seemed like that should not have been deleted since i got the database error right after that. i revisited the space issue and truncated the largest files instead of deleting them entirely. after rebooting the system, i was able to log in. thanks for all your help everyone.

• hi i got error after i install AlienVault 5.2.3 Operation was not completed due to a database error  how can i rectify the error
    rameshkumar
  • Hi guys, same here I have been struggling with this issue for weeks now. when i schedule the jobs after a while it seems normal and see the jobs running but then he vulnerability scan module in the gui hangs for ever giving me the same error in red above by @ramesh, the disk usage is at just below 10% usage. the mysql gives me log error and the memory is almost at its fullest. i am currently in v.5.2.2.

Has anybody here been able to work this around????????
  •  I get the Operation was not completed due to a database error error in the web interface. I’ve tried a reboot but that is not worked to me . I have used the console to apply updates and then it starts working….
  • Deactivate the firewall in alienvault console . then it is working .
  • I had this error when I created my VM with 2GB of RAM like the following guide recommended that I do:

However, when I looked at the syslog it said that it ran out of memory and started killing processes, so I shut down the VM, doubled its RAM and powered it back on and everything started working.
  • Correction: after rebooting, I saw the "create a user" screen, but after submitting I got the same database error, so I pumped the RAM up to 8GB and now things are looking better.
  • I resolve this error with 'jailbreak system' and run this command "ossim-reconfig" or "ossim-reconf".