• Support
  • Forums
  • Blogs

Agent [ERROR]: Unexpected exception: Agent instance has no attribute '_Agent__configuration'

Amit_BenAmit_Ben

Entry Level
+2
edited October 2015 in AlienVault USM Appliance > Sensor
No Events are coming into Alien Vault. My agent log file states:
Agent [ERROR]: Unexpected exception: Agent instance has no attribute '_Agent__configuration'

Agent execution summary:
+ Startup date: Tue Jul 1 20:42:07 2014
+ Shutdown date: Wed Jul 2 11:27:39 2014
+ Total events: 40091 (Detector: 40041, Monitor: 0)
- plugin_id unkown: 47
- plugin_id 7058: 18
- plugin_id 7094: 9
- plugin_id 7044: 3
- plugin_id 7066: 1
- plugin_id 4003: 9379
- plugin_id 4004: 2
- plugin_id 4005: 293
- plugin_id 4007: 10729
- plugin_id 7009: 9400
- plugin_id 7007: 11
- plugin_id 1501: 1625
- plugin_id 7033: 292
- plugin_id 7010: 29
- plugin_id 7001: 4687
- plugin_id 1001: 3567
+ Events consolidated: 0 (0 processed)
+ Apps restarted by watchdog: 0
+ Server x.x.x.x reconnections attempts: 2

what goes wrong... no idea.... Can u ??
Tagged:

Share post:

Best Answers

• It never connects to the server? I think that behavior was seen in 4.6 but corrected in 4.8. What version are you running?
  • jlljll
    Answer ✓
    Bonjour,
    Sorry for my english...

Great it's working also for me (just the run Ossim-Setup and configure data source don't work, but I have done a ossim-reconfig and it's ok.

Thank you a lot...

Answers

• I also have this in my log since I just updated yesterday. any ideas.
  • Thanks for giving time PacketInspector and bcarty.

This problem is with AlienVault OSSIM 4.8 thereafter I had installed a new piece of OSSIM for testing and upgraded to OSSIM 4.9. The problem is with 4.9 also.
  • Okey.. I had resolved the problem myself.... here the steps needs to follow on Ossim Console:-
    1) apt-get purge ossim-agent
    2) remove the config.cfg file if exists?
    3) apt-get install ossim-agent.
    4) Back up the /etc/ossim/agent/config.yml file
    5) Clear the entire file of all contents except the first line "plugins:"
    6) Run Ossim-Setup from console and Configure the Data Source Plugins on Web console (Configure Sensor->Configure Data Source Plugins) for the sensor and unmark everything.
    7) Apply the changes. The sensor will do a reconfig and restart the ossim-agent.
    8) Once the sensor back up go into the Ossim-setup again and Configured the Data Source Plugins back which you like to enabled.
  • Ben, I appreciate your response. your instructions worked for me. I was wondering what went wrong. I get nervous every time I see that there is an update anymore. Updates at one time were very dependable but not anymore.
  • Ben, thanks for this fix! I was going crazy trying to fix it!!! :# :D
  • When I try to disable the Data Source Plugins I receive msg No Sensor Datasources Available. And I cant apply any changes , please help.
  • When I try to disable the Data Source Plugins I receive msg No Sensor Datasources Available. And I cant apply any changes , please help.
    I fixed it I needed to wait like 30 min before the changes apply :)
  • But another issue occured, snort is not working is showing me that is down and even if I enable the plugin after applying the changes does not appear as enabled.
  • Can I reinstall just the sensor or snort on OSSIM?
  • I'm having the same problem with snort. As of the update it doesn't start up on its own. I need to manually start it, but after this it still fails to show events.
  • I've come across the same issue with a fresh install that I then updated to 4.9 via ossim-setup.

I followed the directions that Amit_Ben outlined, which worked for about 20 minutes or so. And, then it started all over again.

[ERROR]: Unexpected exception: Agent instance has no attribute '_Agent__configuration'

This is after I broke down and re-installed after months of having run fine and then this update came out.
  • I've come across the same issue with a fresh install that I then updated to 4.9 via ossim-setup.

I followed the directions that Amit_Ben outlined, which worked for about 20 minutes or so. And, then it started all over again.

[ERROR]: Unexpected exception: Agent instance has no attribute '_Agent__configuration'

This is after I broke down and re-installed after months of having run fine and then this update came out.

The same here, someone said that this will be fixed in 4.10, so I'm waiting for the new update to see if is working if not I will reinstall some old version 4.6 for example.
    The thing is I have a lot of OSSEC agents connected and I will need to generate new keys and to apply all the settings again :(
This discussion has been closed.