• Support
  • Forums
  • Blogs

Alienvault Certification

bsjj27bsjj27

New Life Form
+2
Hello all, I'm setup to take the alienvault certification exam in a few weeks and am interested to hear feedback from anyone who has taken it and too see if there are any resources such as practice test you could point me too.  I don't know anyone who has taken the exam so I don't know what to expect from the test.

Share post:

Answers

• Unfortunately, we don't have a practice exam available.  Please be sure to review all of the information on our web page at www.alienvault.com/certification.  We have a section on how to prepare for the exam.  Near the bottom of that web page, we mention useful details about the exam experience--timing, types of questions we ask, and guessing, for example.

You may also want to look at documentation in any areas of USM listed on the blueprint that you might not be using regularly.  You can find our Documentation Center for USM at www.alienvault.com/documentation/usm.

I wish you well on the exam.
    J4vv4Dhitman
  • The best advise I can give you is to spend a lot of time using it, the GUI and the CLI.  This is not designed for the beginner, but for those who have been using it for some time and are really comfortable with the whole AlienVault system. 

Like @dfield said go over the documentation, don't just read it but actually do the steps on the system.  Spin up a test server if you do not have access to one.  Nothing beats hands on experience.

Good luck on your exam.
    bsjj27J4vv4D
  • I do not have the certification, but I agree with @hitman that spinning up a test server and getting your hands dirty is the best way to learn about a new technology.