• Support
  • Forums
  • Blogs

What is Whonix and how does it work?

blesliebleslie

AlienVault Employee
+15
edited February 2017 in General > Security 101
Discover how Whonix works and what you can do to prevent this type of malware infection in your organization. 

Guest blogger, Irgan Shakeel explains: 

"Anonymity has become a necessary and legitimate objective in many applications (browsing the internet, chatting, sending instant messages etc.). The main reason for this is that even if traffic is encrypted, only the content is encrypted. It is still possible to know the source and destination of the communication. On the flip side, anonymity in a corporate network can be devastating as it can open up organization to security risks, liability and potential litigation. And it is highly beneficial for your competitor to know your moves.

So what can be done to stay anonymous for doing legitimate business?

Visit the blog to learn more:

katebrew
Tagged:

Share post:

Comments

• Anonymity is a double edged sword. It allows crooks to get away with nefarious stuff, but it's also important for real business applications. Ugh!
  • I am not sure if it is as anonymous as TOR but when I want to run scans or checks on our assets and want to appear or scan as someone from outside the network or anonymously, I use a well reviewed VPN Service/Proxy. Although this isn't free like the use of TOR and other anonymizing software but works well. I also think it may be more secure to use a VPN service as it may be a little more trustworthy than someone running a TOR exit node.  
    katebrew
  • I get
    the feeling you’ve forgotten about the basic aim of vpn technology. As far as I’m
    concerned, it has been designed in order to access define nets remotely and
    secure. Nowadays, it’s commonly known as the most convenient tool for bypassing
    geo-restrictions by appointing required ip addresses, and increasing level of
    privacy online https://www.bestvpnrating.com/beginner-guide-internet-privacy.
    Anyway, I totally agree with you: vpn is a must have for modern internet users regardless
    its designated use.

katebrew