• Support
  • Forums
  • Blogs

MISP + OTX Pulses

jimbolya23jimbolya23

Is this no longer supported. 

Getting a few python errors.  Not sure if its on the otx-misp side or if its something else. 

Really would like to get this working. 

Cheers ~ 

Share post:

Answers

• here's some error info

:~# otx-misp
    /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pymisp/api.py:20: UserWarning: You're using python 2, it is strongly recommended to use python >=3.4
    warnings.warn("You're using python 2, it is strongly recommended to use python >=3.4")
    /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pymisp/mispevent.py:45: UserWarning: You're using python 2, it is strongly recommended to use python >=3.4
    warnings.warn("You're using python 2, it is strongly recommended to use python >=3.4")
    /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pymisp/api.py:39: UserWarning: You're using python 2, it is strongly recommended to use python >=3.4
    You must either give an existing config file or your API keys and the MISP server URL.
    [email protected]:~#
  • I've tried to run the update for pymisp, and that seems to work?

if i do a python3 -V it returns with version 3 info...

• Hi,

Unfortunately, we don't manage this tool. You'll have to reach out to the creator of the importer to troubleshoot this issue.

Please let me know if we can help with anything else.

Best,

Annan
  • edited June 2017
    Hello jimbolya23,

To echo what @annan stated, this MISP service is not anything AlienVault has assisted with creating; it is third-party. You will need to reach out to the MISP community, or the creator on github :: 

Regards,

- kratos
  • edited August 2017
    It works, its really picky about software versions. I had it blow out on when I upgraded the stix/taxii, which they fixed. I have it running on ubuntuu 16.04, with MISP 2.4.76

its documents are a little light but if you work it, you will get it.

we have a group called misp feed on otx with about a 1000+ pulses that we sync up all the time.