Date / Version: 19 July 2016
1. We Provide Our Website For Your Convenience Only
Our Site is provided to you without charge as a convenience and for your information only. By merely providing access to our Site content, we do not warrant or represent that:
- the content is accurate or complete;
- the content is up-to-date or current;
- we have a duty to update any content;
- the content is free from technical inaccuracies or typographical errors;
- the content is free from changes caused by third party; and
- your access to our Site will be free from interruptions, errors, computer viruses or other harmful components.
We do not assume any liability for these matters. In other words, you use our Site at your own risk. Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall we be liable for any direct or indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages. This includes loss of data or profit arising out of the use or the inability to use the content of this Site, even if one of our representatives has been advised of the possibility of your damages. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages. In such jurisdictions, our liability is limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
2. We Provide Our Website “As Is” and Disclaim All Warranties
Our Site, including all content, software and functions made available on or accessed through our Site, is provided “as available” and on an “as is, where is” basis. To the fullest extent permissible by law, we and any subsidiaries and affiliates make no representations or warranties of any kind as to the content, software or functions accessed through our Site, for any products or services or links to third parties or for any breach of security associated with the transmission of sensitive information through our Site or any linked site. WE AND ANY SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NON-INFRINGEMENT, QUIET ENJOYMENT, QUALITY OF INFORMATION, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. This includes loss of data or profit arising out of the use or the inability to use the content of this website, even if one of our representatives has been advised of the possibility of your damages. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT ANY CONTENT, SOFTWARE OR THE FUNCTIONS ACCESSED THROUGH OUR SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. WE AND ANY SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE OR SPECIAL DAMAGES RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages. In such jurisdictions, our liability is limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
3. We Do Not Have Responsibility For Links To Third Party Content
We may provide hyperlinks or pointers to other websites maintained by third parties or may provide third party content on our website by framing or other methods. The links to third party websites are provided for your convenience and information only. The content in any linked websites is not under our control so we are not responsible for the content, including any further links in a third party site. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to our website, you do this entirely at your own risk. It is up to you to take precautions to ensure that the third party you link to for your use is free of computer viruses, worms, trojan horses and other items of a destructive nature.
4. If We Provide a Link, We Do Not Necessarily Endorse a Third Party
We reserve the right to terminate a link to a third party website at any time. The fact that we provide a link to a third party website does not mean that we endorse, adopt, authorize or sponsor that website. It also does not mean that we are affiliated with the third party website’s owners or sponsors.
5. If a Third Party Links to Our Site, It Is Not an Endorsement
If a third party links to our Site, it is not necessarily an indication of an endorsement, adoption, authorization, sponsorship, affiliation, joint venture or partnership by or with us. In most cases, we are not aware that a third party has linked to our Site.
A website that links to our Site:
- May link to, but not replicate, our content;
- May not create a browser, border environment or frame our content;
- May not imply that we are endorsing it or its products;
- Should not misrepresent its relationship with us;
- Should not present false information about our products or services; and
- Should not contain content that could be construed as distasteful, offensive or controversial, and should contain only content that is appropriate for all age groups.
6. If You Transmit or Provide Data to Us, It Is Non-Confidential
7. By Providing Content, We Do Not Allow You to Use Our Trademarks
The trademarks, service marks, trade names and logos used and displayed on our Site are our registered and unregistered trademarks. Nothing on this Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, without our written permission. We aggressively enforce our intellectual property rights. The name “AlienVault” or our logo may not be used in any way, including in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of materials on our Site, without prior written permission. You may not use any metatags or any other “hidden text” utilizing AlienVault ‘s name or trademarks without the express written consent of AlienVault. You are not authorized to use our logo as a hyperlink to our Site unless you obtain our written permission in advance.
ALL OTHER TRADEMARKS, SERVICE MARKS, AND TRADE NAMES ARE THE PROPERTY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE COMPANIES. ALIENVAULT DISAVOWS ANY PROPRIETARY INTEREST OR CLAIMS IN THE MARKS OF OTHER COMPANIES OR CORPORATIONS.
8. All Content on Our Website Is Copyrighted
All content included on this Site, including any materials, documents, text, designs, graphics, logos, images, audio and video (“Content”) is the property of AlienVault or its affiliates and suppliers, and is protected by United States and international copyright laws. The compilation of all Content on this Site is the exclusive property of AlienVault and protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. You may not inline, frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout or form) without our prior express written permission.
9. Registration and Passwords
AlienVault may or may not at times require you to have a password and/or provide registration details to access this Website or portions of this Website. If AlienVault does require a password and registration details, it shall be a condition of use of this Website that all the details you provide are correct, current, and complete. If AlienVault believes that the details are not correct, current, or complete, AlienVault will have the right to refuse access to the Website, or any of its resources, and to suspend and/or terminate your account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any password(s) and registration details you are given to access this Website, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password(s) and/or registration details. You agree to notify AlienVault immediately of any unauthorized use of your password(s) and/or registration details. AlienVault reserves the absolute right, in its sole discretion, not to issue a password to any person or entity.
10. You Must Obey Local Laws in Accessing Our Site
This Site is controlled by us from our offices within the United States of America. We make no representation that content or materials on the Site are appropriate or available for use in other jurisdictions. Access to our Site content or materials from jurisdictions where such access is illegal is prohibited. If you choose to access this Site from other jurisdictions, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. We are not responsible for any violations of law. You may not use or export the materials on this Site in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claims relating to our Site and its content and materials shall be governed by the laws of the State of Delaware without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws.
12. You Agree to Indemnify Us for Using Our Site
13. Third Parties May Have Rights Under This Agreement
Some of the provisions of this agreement are for the benefit of AlienVault and its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors and suppliers. Each of these individuals or entities shall have the right to assert and enforce those provisions directly against you on its own behalf.
14. How This Agreement May Be Terminated
15. Governing Law
16. Code of Conduct
Here, “contribution” means any material posted or uploaded to our websites by a member of the public, including without limitation any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio material.
- must be your own original work. You may be entitled to incorporate into your contribution certain material made available on our websites but only where that is expressly made clear. Otherwise, all material in your contributions must be your own original piece of work and should not plagiarize others’ work;
- must not infringe anyone else’s rights, including copyright. Your contributions must not plagiarize or infringe the rights of any other person including any copyright, database, trade mark, trade secret, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights of any kind. Existing articles, news reports, music, video clips or other copyright material must have the explicit permission of the relevant copyright owners;
- must not contain unlawful or objectionable content nor involve disruptive, offensive or abusive behavior. Please be respectful and civil to other members, even if you disagree with them. Material that is unlawful, harassing, threatening, defamatory, obscene, offensive, abusive, hateful, inflammatory, profane, racially, sexually or religiously offensive or otherwise objectionable or unlawful is not acceptable;
- must be true and accurate. Your contributions must be true, accurate (where they state facts) and be genuinely held (where they state opinions);
- must not contain unsuitable or irrelevant website addresses or URLs. Links to pornography, commercial or other inappropriate content may be deleted;
- must not promote illegal or anti-social behavior. Contributions must not contain violent or sexually explicit material or advocate, promote, or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) terrorist acts, copyright infringement, or computer misuse;
- must not misrepresent their origins. Contributions and/or user names may not be used to impersonate any other person, to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or to give the impression that they emanate from us, if that is not the case;
- must not be in any language other than English. Contributions in other languages may be removed;
- must not involve any flooding, spamming or advertising. Flooding is when the same comment is posted over and over in the same forum; spamming is the posting of the same comment (or very similar) to more than one forum. All advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, junk mail and any other forms of commercial solicitation are prohibited;
- must not disclose any personal information. Contributions to this website are publicly available and can be viewed by others with whom you may not wish to share such information. Do not include any personal or personally identifiable information about you or others (including your own or anyone else’s email address).
BREACH OF THE CODE OF CONDUCT
It will be our sole decision as to whether there has been a breach of this Code of Conduct. We have the right (but not the obligation) to edit, refuse to post, or to remove any contribution in whole or in part that we deem to be in breach of the Code of Conduct. Where we believe there is a breach of the Code of Conduct, we may take whatever action we feel is appropriate in the circumstances.
17. Failure to Comply
- issuing a warning to you;
- immediate, temporary, or permanent withdrawal of any contribution or of your right to use our websites, including deletion of any personal profile;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all losses and costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach and/or further legal action against you; and/or
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities or other relevant third parties as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this Code of Conduct. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.