The Mid-market Rapidly Adopts a Unified Approach to Threat Detection and Response
More than 11,000 Security Practitioners Rely on AlienVault for Unified Security Management
San Mateo, California – Feb. 19, 2014 – AlienVault™, the leading provider of Unified Security Management™ solutions and crowd-sourced threat intelligence, today announced that more than 11,000 security practitioners have actively deployed AlienVault’s Unified Security Management (USM) platform and OSSIM, the open source SIEM project, to provide broad security visibility across their environment for improved threat detection and response. Attendees at the 2014 RSA Conference in San Francisco will be able to view demonstrations of USM 4.5 at the AlienVault booth, #1701, on February 24–27, 2014. USM 4.5 is expected to be generally available in March with pricing starting at $3600.
Based on the open source project OSSIM, the AlienVault USM platform provides a way for organizations with limited security staff and budget to address compliance and threat management needs. With all of the essential security controls built-in, and continuous threat intelligence updates from AlienVault Labs and AlienVault’s Open Threat Exchange™ (OTX), USM provides unparalleled security visibility.
“AlienVault was founded on the notion that today’s modern threats require a modern approach that unifies core security capabilities into a single integrated solution, supplemented by crowd-sourced threat intelligence to enable better threat management and response,” said Russ Spitler, vice president of product management at AlienVault. “No organization – large or small – is exempt from an attack. The rapid adoption of USM and OSSIM is proof that we are delivering what organizations, especially within the mid-market, need to quickly detect and respond to threats and meet today’s ongoing compliance objectives.”
New features in version 4.5 include:
- Enhanced visibility and user experience – Usability, meet security. With a focus on ease of use and simplifying daily workflows, USM 4.5 works hard to save you time.
- New Alarm ‘Heat Graph’ – Enables visualization of alarms to more easily spot critical or anomalous alarms, even in noisy environments.
- Intuitive Event Search and Filters – Allows for complex forensic analysis without having to use a complex interface.
- First Time Setup Wizard – Drastically simplifies the deployment of the essential security capabilities by providing a step-by-step wizard.
- Dynamic deployment – Continuously monitors for changes in the environment and simplifies ongoing integration of new data sources to ensure compliance with log management requirements.
- Learn more about AlienVault
- Learn more about USM, OSSIM and OTX
- Join OTX
- Subscribe to AlienVault’s blogs
- Follow AlienVault on Twitter @alienvault
Email: [email protected]