USM Anywhere provides a centralized view of managing your asset groupsAsset groups are administratively created objects that group similar assets for specific purposes.. This view is on ENVIRONMENT > ASSET GROUPS. It has the same look and feel as the asset list view and the functionalities are the same as well. The difference is that in this view, you are managing asset groups instead of assetsAn IP-addressable host, including but not limited to network devices, virtual servers, and physical servers..
By default, AlienVault creates the following dynamic asset groups
- Assets with AlarmsAlarms provide notification of an event or sequence of events that require attention or investigation. — Asset group containing assets with alarms.
- Assets with Vulnerabilities — Asset group containing assets with vulnerabilities.
- Database Servers — Asset group containing database servers.
- HIPAA — Asset group containing HIPAA assets. HIPAA is a standard for protecting sensitive patient data.
- Linux Assets — Asset group containing Linux systems.
- PCI DSS — Asset group containing PCI Assets.
- Web Servers — Asset group containing web servers.
- Windows Assets — Asset group containing Windows systems.
USM Anywhere also creates a default asset group for each AWS sensor Elastic Load Balancing (ELB)Elastic Load Balancing automatically distributes incoming application traffic across multiple Amazon EC2 instances in the cloud. instance in your environment. The AWS sensor ELB group includes the ELB instance and any AWS sensor EC2 instance connected to the load balancer and registered with the ELB service. USM Anywhere automatically discovers and enables you to collect ELB access logs if you have ELB access logging enabled.
The asset groups page displays asset groups inventory and information on those asset groups. On the left you can find the search and filter options. Across the top, you can see any filters you have applied, and you have the option to create and select different views of the asset groups. The main part of the page is the actual list of asset groups. Each row describes an individual asset group.
If you want to analyze the data, you can maximize the screen and hide the filter panel. Click the Expanded Filter Panel icon () to hide the filter panel. Click the Collapsed Filter Panel icon () to expand the filter panel.
USM Anywhere creates by default static and dynamic asset groups (see Creating an Asset Group).
|Column Field Name||Description|
|Group Name||Name of the group|
|Group Description||Text identifying the group|
|Number of assets in the group|
|Asset Grouping||Type of asset grouping: static or dynamic|
|Created||Exact date of creation of the asset group. The displayed date depends on your computer's time zone|
- Full Details. See Viewing Assets Details for more information.
- Configure Asset Group. See Configuring an Asset Group for more information.
- Delete Asset Group. See Deleting an Asset Group for more information.
GroupScan. This option displays or not depending on the sensor associated with the asset. See Running Asset Scans for more information.
- Assign Credentials. See Managing Credentials in USM Anywhere for more information.
- Authenticated ScanAuthenticated scans are performed from inside the machine using a user account with appropriate privileges.. This option displays or not depending on the sensor associated with the asset. See Running Authenticated Asset Scans for more information.
- Configuration IssuesAn identified configuration of software deployed, or features of software in use, which is known to be insecure.. This option goes to the asset
groupdetails page. The page will have the Configuration Issues tab selected. See Viewing Assets Details for more information.
- Vulnerabilities. This option goes to the asset
groupdetails page. The page will have the Vulnerabilities tab selected. See Viewing Assets Details for more information.
- Alarms. This option goes to the asset
groupdetails page. The page will have the Alarms tab selected. See Viewing Assets Details for more information.
- EventsAny traffic or data exchange detected by AlienVault products through a Sensor, or through external devices such as a firewall.. This option goes to the asset
groupdetails page. The page will have the Events tab selected. See Viewing Assets Details for more information.
You can also sort items by selecting 20, 50, or 100 below the result table.
Click Generate Report to export
Click the star symbol to the left of an item to mark it as a bookmark for quick access. Clicking the Star icon () on the secondary menu shows the bookmarked items and a link to them.
To create a view configuration
From the Asset Groups list view, select the filters you want to apply .
- Click the pull-down menu Save View > Save as.
- Type a name for the view and click Save.
To select a configured view
- From the
Asset Groupslist view, click the View pull-down menu above the filters.
- Click Saved views and select the view you want to see.
- Click Apply.